For a lovely afternoon of shopping in Amsterdam, you are in the perfect place. The cozy and lively neighborhoods, markets and shopping centers offer an extensive range of shopping opportunities.
- The Kalverstraat is the most famous shopping street in Amsterdam, with 50,000 visitors every day. Large retail chains such as H&M, River Island and Urban Outfitters are located here. On Dam Square you will find one of the oldest and largest department stores in the Netherlands; the Bijenkorf.
- The Nieuwendijk is the oldest shopping street in Amsterdam and connects Central Station with the Dam. Large retail chains are also located here, but many smaller and modern fashion stores and catering establishments can also be found here.
- In the Leidsetraat we find many shops with luxury products, such as Rituals and ICI Paris XL.
- In one of the liveliest areas of Amsterdam, the Pijp, you will find the Albert Cuyp market. A place full of shops, cafes and restaurants. The 'Cuyp' has been a favorite place for many Amsterdammers and tourists since 1905.
- The Nieuwmarkt is a daily market with an organic market on Saturdays, and an antique, curio and book market on Sundays in the summer months. April festivals are held in the spring.
De 9 Straatjes:
- The 9 Straatjes, located in the area De Jordaan, are part of the beautiful canal belt and therefore have the status of Unesco World Heritage. The neighborhood offers a unique range of specialist shops and original products. You can also visit one of the many bars and catering establishments in this area.
- The most chic and classic shopping street in the Netherlands can be found here: the P.C. Hooftstraat. The luxurious street near the Vondelpark is the location for many exclusive brands such as Michael Kors, Chanel, and Jimmy Choo.
- In South you will also find the Gelderlandplein; one of the largest shopping centers in Amsterdam where you are welcome in more than 100 shops.